TO CONTACT DR. NICK FOR SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Nick Yiannios is the founder of the Center for Neural Occlusion (the CNO), a continuing dental education institution for dental professionals committed to:
- Taking the guesswork out of solving bite and TMD problems via the usage of objective and reproducible digital metrics
- Proffering the efficacy and usage of various hi-tech and uncommon technologies and protocols such as MRI, blood product/growth factor usage (PRF), medical grade ozone usage (O3), and hard and soft tissue laser usage in dental practice designed to vastly improve patient care
The CNO is an AGD-PACE continuing education provider for dental professionals. Dr. Nick (with the help of his highly diversified CNO Board of Advisors consisting of many published experts within the dental profession) has created a unique curriculum unlike any other in existence, and has also created a database whereby patients who have followed his work online may find like-minded professionals who understand and follow the CNO “Neural Occlusion” Screening (NOS) protocols through a database listing on the CNO website.
The CNO motto is “Measured Matters” in regards to all things relating to hi-end dental practice, and occlusion and TMD in particular. In other words, if a health professional can measure an event reproducibly and objectively, the dynamic CNO curriculum will incorporate said research and/or clinical practice into the course offerings for other professionals to learn. If one cannot measure objectively and reproduce an event, the CNO will not incorporate and disseminate this information to those doctors following the CNO’s lead, thereby protecting the patients from harm. Dr. Nick works closely with Dr. Mark Piper, the world famous TMJ surgeon, lecturer, researcher and founder of the Piper Education & Research Center (PERC) in St. Petersburg, Florida. Dr. Nick regularly utilizes MRI and CBCT imaging to facilitate proper diagnoses prior to treatment implementation, closely following Dr. Piper’s measurement centric “Piper classification of the TMJs”. To those interested in learning more about the CNO, visit CNOdoctors.com, and remember, “Proper diagnosis must always precede responsible treatment!”
Dr. Nick’s Recent Scientific Literature Publications:
- Yiannios, N. (2020). The Occlusal, Neurological, and Orthopedic Origins and Implications of the Hypersensitive Dentition. In Handbook of Research on Clinical Applications of Computerized Occlusal Analysis in Dental Medicine (pp. 699-828). 2nd Ed. Hershey, PA: IGI Global. doi:10.4018/978-1-5225-9254-9
- Yiannios, N., Coleman, T., & Radke, J., (2019). Digitally Measured Anterior Guidance Development Reduces Cold-Water and Air Indexing Tooth Hypersensitivity. Advanced Dental Technologies & Techniques, June 2019, Vol. 1, No. 2.
- Yiannios, N., Radke, J., Sutter, B., & Kerstein, R. (2018). TMJ Vibration Changes Following Immediate Complete Anterior Guidance Development. Advanced Dental Technologies & Techniques, 5018.
- Yiannios, N., Kerstein, R. B., Radke, J., Sutter, B. (2017). TMJ Vibration Changes Following Immediate Complete Anterior Guidance Development. CRANIO: The Journal of Craniomandibular & Sleep Practice, submitted for publication.
- Yiannios, N., Kerstein, R. B., & Radke, J. (2016). Treatment of frictional dental hypersensitivity (FDH) with computer-guided occlusal adjustments. CRANIO®, 1-11.
- Yiannios, N. (2015). Occlusal Considerations in the Hypersensitive Dentition. In Handbook of Research on Computerized Occlusal Analysis Technology Applications in Dental Medicine (pp. 358-428). IGI Global.
Dr. Nick’s Recent Lectures:
November 4, 2022: Lectured at The Ozone Frontiers scientific conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. The topic: Dental Hypersensitivity and Dental Allodynias: Origins, Diagnostics, and Potential Treatments
September 8, 2022: Lectured about dental allodynias and laser usage at The Fotona Laser Scientific Symposium in Irvine, Texas.
February 25-26, 2022: Co-presenter at the new CNO course, DDSLASE, a dental laser continuing education program relating to the Lightwalker Laser by Fotona alongside Dr. Mark Colonna. Goal: to teach other dentists the principles behind the physics and clinical usage of Er:YAG and Nd:YAG lasers in everyday dental practice. At CNO HQ in Rogers, Arkansas
January 14-16, 2021: Lectured regarding Neural Occlusion Screening at CNO5 (PRF-Lasers-Ozone), CNO HQ, Rogers, AR alongside Drs. Rick Miron, Terry Alford, Mark Colonna and Mark Malterud.
July 2020: Tekscan webinar regarding FDH with prosthodontist Dr. Robert Kerstein; Zoom/Fb Live. Archived on the T-Scan Fb page: https://www.facebook.com/DentalOcclusion/videos/636621820285451/
- April 2020: Neural Occlusion Screening (NOS) with TMJ Surgeon Dr. Edward Zebovitz (within the CNOSS)
- April 2020: FDH & Dental Allodynias (within the CNOSS)
- April 2020: Organizer of the 2020 CNO Scientific Symposium (the CNOSS); 7 specialists, 3 general practitioners, 1 engineer, & 1 CEREC CDT = the 25 hour long, ADA-CERP amenable online CNOSS, available at: https://cnotmj.com/2020-cnoss-information/
- October 24-26, 2019. CNO3, “Neural Occlusion Screening & 3D Imaging”, with oral surgeon Dr. Ed Zebovitz and engineer Mr. John Radke in Rogers, Arkansas, at CNO world HQ.
- October 4-5, 2019. “Measured Occlusion, Hypersensitive Teeth & Allodynias”. T-Scan 6th Annual Users Conference. Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- June 7-8, 2019: CNO1, “A Digitally Measured Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas, CNO HQ.
- February 15, 2019. “CNO Read”, presented at the request of the leaders of a large group of oral & maxillofacial radiologists (Beam Readers®: around 40 radiologists) via online webinar. Purpose: to explain the novel approach that Dr. Nick’s CNO is proffering re the usage of the diagnostic and treatment implications that TMJ MRI and CBCT imaging have upon occlusal and TMD patient management.
- November 2-3, 2018. CNO1. “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion.” Rogers, AR. CNO HQ.
- September 27-29, 2018. “FDH and Neural Occlusion Screening & 3D Imaging”, with oral surgeon Dr. Edward Zebovizt. Rogers, Arkansas.
- May 18, 2018. “Neural Occlusion Screening – 22nd Century Dental Medicine”. Cornerstone Endodontics 20th Anniversary CE Symposium. Kansas City, Missour.
- May 4-5, 2018: “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas
- February 23-24, 2018: “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas
- January 30, 2018. Vumedi webinar. “Measured Matters for Occlusion and TMD”, with Drs. Mark A. Piper and Joel Terry Alford
- January 13, 2018. “TMJ Foundations.” Rogers, Arkansas; CNO world headquarters
- November 14, 2017. “A Measured Anterior Guidance Yields a Predictable Occlusion”. Kansas City, KS.
- November 11, 2017. “Incorporating Measured Occlusal & TMJ Status into Predictable CAD/CAM Dentistry”. FINACAD conference, Turku, Finland.
- October 27-28, 2017: CNO1- “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas, at CNO world headquarters.”
- October 19, 2017: “Neural Occlusion Screening, FDH, & MAGD”. Tucson, Arizona, alongside Dr. Mark Piper MD, DMD at the Piper Education & Research Center Annual Study Club Summit. Dr. Piper and I spoke on topics relating to autonomic sympathetic inputs and their implications for dental medicine
- September 21-23, 2017: CNO3- “Neural Occlusion Screening & 3D Imaging”. Rogers, Arkansas; CNO world Headquarters
- July 14, 2017: Bioresearch Annual Conference, “Neural Occlusion Screening”. Marquette University, Wisconsin
- June 23-24, 2017: CNO1 – “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas; CNO world headquarters.
- June 3, 2017: Mississippi Dental Association Annual Conference, “ Neural Occlusion Screening & Frictional Dental Hypersensitivity”. Perdido Beach, Alabama
- March 10-11, 2017: CNO1 – “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas; CNO world headquarters
- July 14, 2016: Bioresearch Annual Conference, “Neural Occlusion Screening & DTR”. Marquette University, Wisconsin
- June 5, 2015: Bioresearch Annual Conference, “DTR Therapy”, alongside Dr. Robert Kerstein. Marquette University, Wisconsin
OFFICES RECENTLY HELD
- Founder, Center for Neural Occlusion (CNO). July 2015 – present
- Editorial Board Member, Academy of Minimally Invasive Cosmetic Dentistry (MICD), 2012 – 2015
- Voting Board Member ACCD (Academy of CAD/CAM Dentistry), 2009 – 2011
- Accreditation Committee ACCD, 2009 – 2011